Canon VIXIA HF200 to Final Cut Express?

I recently bought a Sanyo Xacti VPC-FH1 and it was not supported by Final Cut Express. So I called Sanyo for a solution and they told me my model of the FH1 was not supported on the Macintosh platforms. So...
I was considering getting a Canon VIXIA HF200 instead. Can you use the Canon camera with Final Cut Express 4 without having to re-render the video every time you edit the video? I had the impression that since this camera was AVCHD and its predecessor (Vixia HF100) was supported by Final Cut Express 4, this one would too. I'd like someone's help with this so your help is much appreciated.
Also, can i import the video into final Cut express using Log and Transfer?

Thanks!

Best Answer

You seem to be in the same position again.

Call Canon to know for sure 800.OK-CANON

While the HF200 is one of the top consumer grade camcorders, it may fall just out of the range of the fine program "Final Cut".

My guess is you have been using Final Cut and are not interested in buying any other video editing program designed specifically for consumer level video cameras.

[URL Truncated]

Answer by fhotoace on 30 Dec 2009 04:23:16

Regarding importing, yes, you can import the video directly from the HF200 into FCE using Log and Transfer (at least using version 4.01).

Answer by Breck on 30 Dec 2009 11:09:25

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment