Why my D5000 cannot shoot?

I just bought a AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G IF-ED lens for my D5000 but when I zoom in to 200mm I cannot shoot whats wrong? My camera is set to Auto. I am new to SLR.
Or should I buy a flashlight?

It may be that the camera is having difficulty with auto-focussing. It's a slow lens and in low light conditions the camera is unable to latch on to sufficiently "contrasty" elements within the scene for it to focus on.

Try switching to "P" or "A" modes on your mode dial and adjust the aperture so that it is wide open at the shortest focal length (f/4.5 at 55mm) and at the same time adjust your sensitivity (ISO number) so that it's reasonably high - for example ISO 800). Then try shooting again.......particularly in brighter conditions.

All this sort of information should be contained within your camera user guide.

Answer by Gabher on 07 Jan 2010 04:15:24
Best Answer

This might be due to one of your settings on the camera that makes it not able to shoot if it is not in focus. This is a common problem, especially in low light conditions. Once you change the setting called "AF-S Mode Priority" to release, then it should allow you to shoot even when the camera is out of focus. Even though you make the camera allow you to shoot the picture, it might be out of focus because the camera cannot determine the correct focus. Shooting in the dark can be a pain sometimes.

Answer by ML on 07 Jan 2010 06:09:46

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment