I got a Nikon Coolpix S220 for christmas and it broke. Is there a warranty?

I was walking my dog and he saw a squirrell and knocked the camera out of my hands. I got it 5 days ago is there a number I can call? I really want it fixed, if there is a warrenty what does it cover? When I turn it on I can tell that it tries then it just says LENSE ERROR. Just tell me any way it can be fixed.

Best Answer

Of course it has a warranty, you should have seen it when you opened the box the camera came it.

HOWEVER, warranties only cover quality control issues, not damage caused by uncontrolled gravity or unauthorized swims by the camera.

There are insurance policies that can be purchased at the retail stores that sell cameras, but of course you cannot buy them retroactively.

Before you replace the damaged camera, call the Nikon help line and see if they can help you trouble shoot the problem caused by dropping the camera. Perhaps a reset of the camera will get it working again, but don't count on it. 800.NIKON-UX

All point and shoot cameras come with some kind of strap (wrist or neck) that can prevent accidental dropping of the camera Using it is the least expensive insurance available.

Answer by fhotoace on 30 Dec 2009 03:14:07

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment